A Year of Limelight / The 2019 Edition
2019 was definitely the best year Limelight has had so far, which is saying something after a really strong 2018 - I still can’t believe we outdid ourselves again! Last year was full of new beginnings and new challenges: new team, new projects, and most importantly, new artworks and new audiences.
Some firsts we had in 2019:
- First ever artwork created for Vivid Sydney in Australia, which is the largest festival of lights and music in the Southern Hemisphere
- First ever large scale 3D projection mapping artwork in the United States
- First ever artwork created in China
- First ever large scale projection mapping in Saudi Arabia
- The birth of Rescape, the first ever Light Art Experience curated by us
- And our very own and first ever Christmas office party!
Other milestones included:
- Opening our San Francisco office
- Moving into a new large studio space
- Growing the team with a new Project Manager, a Back Office Manager and a new Motion Designer
- Successfully managing two other Masterclasses in the frames of our Limelight Academy program
- Collaborating with some of the previous Masterclass artists on real projects - this is what Limelight Academy is all about!
- Our new light art installation, Tardigrade (Water Bear) was born and has already been exhibited at three international festivals
- Talking Heads, our light art installation continued its tour around the world, and it was exhibited in Hong Kong and in Niagara Falls, Ontario
So yes, I think we can say we had a productive and very busy 2019. And I wouldn’t trade it for anything! Let’s hope this year is just as productive and successful as 2019 was. Here’s to new projects, new places and new partnerships!